Sunday, June 10, 2007

Dinner at Rahsia Restaurant

Date: 8th June 2007
Time: 7.30 PM
Why ar? : Company dinner and farewell

Now this place was called Rahsia (secret) really because it is a secret! Not many knew about it's existence, not even me until recently. I attended a company dinner there and it was quite a good experience actually. The ambience was ok, and food was not too bad. Although some of the drinking glasses were not very clean ( i suspect coz there was so many of us they had to bring out the wares from storage to serve us). I guess the price was kinda pricey but then again you pay for good service, ambience and privacy right in the middle of KL city.


Located just behind Empire Tower near Ampang Park shopping mall, a 10 minute walk will take you to this place. Its actually a big bungalow that was converted into a restaurant. Here is a pic of the frontage:

Dinner tables are arranged inside and outside the house, so its up to your fancy where to eat. Beware of mosquitoes though if you're sitting outside. Your date in a hot/short dress might not take it too nicely...heheh. Ok on to the food!!

I went for the lamb shank, which in my opinion fulfilled the basic "shank" requirements. It's sauce is tasty, the meat soft and tender, slides off the bone with ease. However it didnt make me go "Wow!", I think i've had better shanks...hehe Don't take me wrong though, its quite good! Here is a shank shot, forgive the low quality camera phone pics!
Some of my friends attacked the beef tenderloin pictured below. It was a medium rare event but glad to note that it wasnt so bloody this time. However the cow did won in the end as some could not finish the portion and was "chewed out of breath"..hehe. Oh yea it was good they say ;) To call it a night, I settled for the Tira-mitsu which was alcoholic. I think it one of the best tira-mitsu I've had so far, not bad indeed. Here is a pic:
So, would I pay Rahsia a visit again? Hmmm, not in the very near future due to wallet constraints but I do recommend it if you want a private and cosy place to eat espeacially if you're in the KLCC or Ampang area and don't want to put up with traffic or parking woes. Cheers!